China is a big country in steel production and a big country in the steel structure industry, with a steel…
A good industrial workshop building design can satisfy production, save construction costs, and recover investment in advance.
There are many types of industrial buildings, which can be divided into machinery workshop buildings, precision instrument workshop buildings, aviation factory buildings, shipyard buildings, cement factory buildings, chemical factory buildings, textile factory buildings, thermal power plant buildings, hydroelectric power station buildings, and nuclear power plant buildings and so on.
The industrial workshop building can be divided into production plants, auxiliary production plants, warehouses, power stations, and buildings for various purposes, such as slides, chimneys, hoppers, and water towers. According to production characteristics, it can be divided into thermal processing plants, cold processing plants, and clean plants. The form of building space can be divided into two types: single-story workshop and multi-story workshop.
The Industrial Workshop Building Design
- Production process: It affects the order and relationship of each section and department.
- Modes of transportation: It is closely related to the workshop layout, structure type, and economic effect.
- Production characteristics. For example, it emits a large amount of heat and smoke, discharges many acids, alkali, and other corrosive substances or toxic, flammable, and explosive gases, and has hygienic requirements temperature, humidity, dust prevention, and bacteria prevention.
Reinforcement concrete workshop
Reinforced concrete structure reasonably exerts rebar and concrete properties, so it has good integrity and solid compressive capacity. Besides, people are more familiar with the advantages of sand, stone, and other building materials are easy to take and not easy to rust, better fire resistance, lower maintenance costs, etc.
But in recent years, the more frequent earthquake, reinforced concrete structure of the poor seismic performance, the overall building weight, poor crack resistance, and other shortcomings have been exposed, which has also become one of the factors gradually replaced by the steel structure.
Steel Structure Workshop
The steel structure workshop has many advantages that the reinforced concrete structure workshop does not have, such as high strength, lightweight, good overall rigidity, strong deformation ability, large span, short construction period, rapid construction, good wind and earthquake resistance, environmental protection, energy-saving, and consumption reduction, etc. However, due to the poor fire resistance of steel and the shortcomings of easy corrosion, the steel structure workshop also has non-fire resistance and easy corrosion defects. These shortcomings also lead to higher maintenance costs in the later period.
Any building structure will have its advantages and disadvantages. However, under the premise that the development of buildings is more and more industrialized, more and more attention is paid to environmental protection, energy-saving, and emission reduction, the advantages of reinforced concrete structure workshops have been weakened and even gradually turned into disadvantages. . Even if the steel structure workshop building is not perfect, its advantages are exactly in line with the current development direction of building construction and play a role in promoting the development of building industrialization.
Ensure a good production environment
The industrial workshop building design must make the following points:
1) Good lighting and lighting. Generally, the workshop buildings are mostly natural lighting, but the lighting uniformity is poor. For example, the worsted spinning and weaving workshops of textile factories are mostly natural lighting, but direct sunlight should be solved. If natural lighting cannot meet the process requirements, it should use artificial lighting.
2) Good ventilation. If we adopt natural ventilation, it is necessary to understand the workshop’s internal conditions, such as heat dissipation, heat source conditions, local meteorological conditions, and design exhaust channels. Some thermal processing and dusty workshops that emit a large amount of waste heat, such as foundry workshops, should focus on natural ventilation.
Anti-corrosion for industrial workshop building design
The acid, alkali, salt, and corrosive solvents are used and produced in the industrial production process. The corrosive media in the atmosphere, groundwater, surface water, and soil will cause corrosion of buildings.
Galvanized Steel Structure
The anti-corrosion method of steel structure workshop can be done by hot-dip galvanizing. Hot-dip galvanizing is to immerse the de-rusted steel components in a molten zinc solution at a high temperature of about 600℃ to make the steel components’ surface adhere to a zinc layer to prevent corrosion. Hot-dip galvanized steel has long durability, so it is widely used in outdoor steel structures severely corroded by the atmosphere and is not easy to repair.
Steel Structure Painted
Industrial steel workshop buildings can also use paint for anti-corrosion treatment. Paints are generally divided into primers, intermediate paints, and top paints. Different paints have different anti-corrosion capabilities. The steel workshop building should choose high-quality paint to ensure that it can achieve anti-corrosion performance and improve the steel structure workshop’s corrosion resistance.
Key points for industrial workshop building design
1) The shape of buildings that emit corrosive gas and dust should be simple. To maintain good natural ventilation, it can use buildings that only with roof no wall panels.
2) The wall and roof panel, according to the indoor temperature, reduces the building’s corrosion due to the condensation and condensation of corrosive gases on the wall and roof. The commonly used roof and wall materials for steel structure workshop building are corrugated metal sheets, A workshop building that needs thermal insulation requirements lay glass wool on the wall and roof or uses a sandwich panel.