Prefab metal building is customized steel structures according to customers’ architectural and structural requirements. All components are produced in the factory and then assembled reasonably and orderly on the construction site.
Prefabricated metal buildings have many uses in their applications, suitable for industrial, commercial, and agricultural buildings. Compared with other structures (such as wood structure and concrete structure), steel structure has the advantages of high strength, durability, versatility, and economy. The steel structure’s raw materials are welded together and formed according to the specific requirements of the metal structure building.
Prefabricated steel Buildings components :
- Main components: steel columns, roof beams, crane beams, and floor beams.
- Secondary components include braces, tie beams, roof purlin, and wall girt.
- Roof and wall panels use a corrugated metal color sheet or sandwich panels.
Technical Parameters :
- Width-length-height: There is no size limit according to the needs of the owner.
- Roof slope: The average roof slope is 1:10 or 1:12, and it is customized according to the roof drainage.
- Column distance: the distance along the long side of the building from the column axis, determined by the length of the building, the economic range is 7m to 9m.
- Loads: including live and dead loads, additional loads, wind speed, snow loads, crane internal lifting loads, etc.
The Design Points need to be Paid Attention to Prefab Metal Building.
1. Fire protection design of prefab metal structure building
The disadvantage of steel structure is that it has low fire resistance. Although it does not have combustion performance under the premise of no fire treatment, its mechanical index will change with the change of temperature.
When the temperature reaches 100℃, the tensile strength of the steel will decrease, and the plasticity will increase.
When the temperature reaches 250℃, the tensile strength of the steel will increase slightly, but the plasticity will decrease.
When the ambient temperature reaches 500℃, the strength of the steel will reduce to the minimum, which will cause the collapse of prefab metal buildings.
Therefore, when the ambient temperature of the steel structure is above 150 ℃, heat insulation and fire protection design must make.
Fire protection measures for metal structure:
1) Spray method refers to applying a layer of fire-resistant coating on the surface of the metal structures to form a protective film to increase the fire resistance limit of the steel member.
2) The cladding method refers to using silicon-calcium board, concrete, brick, and other materials to wrap the steel structure, and then forming a protective layer to increase the fire resistance limit of the steel member.
3) Water spray cooling method refers to arranging an automatic spraying system on the upper part of the steel structure. Once a fire occurs, a continuous water film formed on the surface of the steel structure, which plays a protective role.
2. Set the temperature expansion joint
Temperature changes will cause the deformation of the prefabricated metal structure building, which will cause thermal stress to the structure. When the plane size of the metal building is significant, to avoid high-temperature stress, temperature expansion joints should set in both the length and width sides of the metal buildings.
3. Anti-rust treatment
Steel structures anti-rust treatments often apply anti-rust primary and finishing coats. The number of coating layers and thicknesses usually determined according to the environment and coating properties.
Generally, under the action of natural atmospheric media, indoor steel structures require a paint film thickness of 100 μm, that is, two undercoats and two finishing coats.
Open-air steel structure or steel structure under the influence of industrial atmospheric media, the thickness of the paint film is required to be 150μm ～ 200μm.
Compared with other building forms, prefabricated metal buildings have many advantages, which include low construction cost, fast processing speed, and fast installation.
Prefabricated metal buildings are ideally suited for industrial, commercial and residential needs, such as workshops, warehouses, aircraft hangars, industrial and farm storage, garage and shed construction.
The steel structure is processed in the factory using modern CNC equipment, which can ensure the accuracy of the structure. Because all components are manufactured in the factory, construction is faster than processing at the project site, saving construction time and materials.
What is the steel materials for mainframe
We use high strength Q345B steel for the mainframe, which ensures the strong and durable of the prefabricated metal structure buildings.
Why Prefab Metal Buildings lower than the concrete building
The materials of metal structure building higher than the concrete structure, but the prefab metal building fast and simple construction, the labor cost during installation, which much lower, so the overall cost of prefab metal structure building more economical than the concrete building.
Portal Steel Frame Buildings are the most common structure system. It is widely used in light steel buildings such as warehouses, workshops, sheds, and garages. The portal steel frame is a lightweight building system; it is a solid web or lattice portal frame as the main load-bearing framework, composed of welded H-shaped (equal or variable cross-section), hot-rolled H-shaped steel, or cold-formed thin-walled steel. Cold-formed thin-wall steel (C or Z-shaped) is used as purlins and wall girt; corrugated metal sheets are…