The service life of steel structure buildings is more than 50 years. The roof and wall panels of prefabricated steel…
The steel structure factory building can be designed in a large span and ample space, which is convenient for a flexible internal layout and use. The steel structure factory uses H-shaped steel as the main load-bearing structure. Purlin and wall girt use C-shaped and Z-shaped steel, and wall and roof panels can choose corrugated single-color sheets and sandwich panels. The connection of the steel frame structure system through high-strength bolts, ordinary bolts, self-tapping screws, and other connecting parts and sealing materials.
Steel structure factory building includes the following :
- Foundation embedded parts (stable steel structure workshop)
- Column: H-shaped steel, I-shaped steel, round pipe, or C-shaped steel (two C-shaped steel butt joints)
- Beam: C-shaped steel and H-shaped steel.
- Purlin: usually C-shaped steel, channel steel.
- Wall and roof panels use the corrugated single-color sheet or sandwich panel. Thermal insulation materials include foam, rock wool, glass wool, and polyurethane, insulated in the middle of the two metal sheets to achieve flame retardant, sealing, and sound insulation effects.
How to design the steel structure factory building
- Span: The standard span is 6-24 meters; those over 30 meters are generally called large-span steel structures. The single span should not exceed 36 meters; otherwise, the steel consumption will increase.
- Column spacing: The column spacing size has a significant influence on the weight of the structure. The increase in the column spacing of the steel factory building will reduce the number of columns and the total weight. Simultaneously, it can also reduce the amount of work of the column foundation, but it will make the weight of crane beam purlins and wall girts increases.
The column spacing should not exceed 12 meters. The current common column spacing is 6-9 meters.
- Daylighting: The roof of the steel factory building can lay daylighting panels. The daylighting panels are transparent, allowing sunlight to come in. We also can add some aluminum windows on the wall.
- Ventilation: The roof can install ventilators. The ventilator can use a ridge ventilator or an unpowered ventilator.
FAQs about Steel Structure Factory Buildings:
What are the categories of factory buildings according to the number of floors?
- Single-story factory building: only one floor, mainly used in metallurgy, heavy and medium-sized machinery industry;
- Multi-story factory buildings: above two floors, primarily used in food, electronics, precision instrument industries, etc.;
- Mixed-level factory buildings: Multi-layer and single-layer buildings are mixed in one structure, primarily used in the leading factories of chemical industries and thermal power plants.
Divide by span
The span refers to the distance between two columns of pillars in a factory building. The typical span of industrial factories is 6-24 meters, generally a multiple of 3. The spans of 15-30m are mainly reinforced concrete factories, and the spans of 36m and above are steel structures—especially factory buildings.
- Small-span factory building: a single-story factory building less than or equal to 12m, mainly made of masonry structure.
- Large-span factory buildings generally refer to reinforced concrete factory buildings with a span of more than 30m and steel structure factory buildings with a span of more than 60m.
- A single-span factory building refers to a factory building with only one span and two support points in the transverse direction of the factory building.
- The multi-span factory building comprises several spans and can be connected in the workshop.
- Vertical and horizontal intersecting factory buildings are composed of spans in two directions, and the workshops are connected.
Divided by applicable functions
1. Mechanical processing and manufacturing, heavy industry Generally, it is required to be single-layer, and there are requirements for the height of the factory building and the load-bearing of the ground. Some industries require driving beams, which can be used to install driving vehicles.
2. Textile electronic processing category
Double-storey and multi-story factories are sufficient. Considering the convenience of raw materials and goods entering and exiting, 2 tons or more industrial freight elevators are generally required.
3. Food chemical industry
In addition to the factory building structure, there are some requirements for the supporting facilities of the factory building, such as environmental protection, fire protection, sewage discharge, etc.
4. Dust-proof factory building
Factory buildings with relatively high production environment requirements.
5. High power distribution plant
It is mainly used in some large-power electromechanical factories.
6. Scientific research factory
They are generally used for research and development.
7. Special factory building
Customized factories for some particular industries.
According to purposes
- The main production plant refers to the building completing a complete production process procedure.
- Auxiliary production plant refers to the part of the plant that assists the main production plant.
- Power plant: It is a place that provides the main production plant with the energy required in the production process.
- Storage warehouse: that is, a warehouse. A warehouse is a type of factory building, and a factory building used only for storing items is called a storage warehouse.
- Transportation room: a factory building used to park vehicles. Regular production workshops do not need to open separate transportation rooms.
- According to the production status
- Cold processing workshop: a production workshop that processes non-combustible substances and materials under average temperatures, such as machinery, repair, etc.
- Hot processing workshops: casting, forging, and heat treatment workshops.
- Constant temperature and humidity workshops, such as precision instruments and textile workshops.
- Clean workshops, such as cosmetics and integrated circuit workshops.
- Other particular situation workshops include radioactive and anti-electromagnetic wave interference workshops.
What are the different structures of factories?
- Brick and wood structure
A building that uses brick walls, brick columns, and wooden roof trusses as the main load-bearing structures. The cost is low, the construction is simple, but the service life is short, and the building area is small.
- Brick-concrete structure
It adopts a hybrid structure of load-bearing brick walls, reinforced concrete beams, columns, and slabs. Durable, fireproof, and thermally insulated, it is currently the most widely constructed and commonly used structure type in residential construction.
- Reinforced concrete structure
The structure is made of steel bars as the skeleton and then poured with concrete. It is robust, durable, and has good fire resistance. It is mainly used in large public, industrial, and high-rise residential buildings.
- Steel structure
The main load-bearing components are all steel, which has high strength, good toughness, overall lightness, and recyclability. It can build ultra-tall skyscrapers and create large-span, high-clearance spaces, making it suitable for large public buildings.
What are the requirements for factory floor heights in different industries?
- Due to the particular equipment specifications in the packaging, printing, and functional materials industries, the floor height is required to be no less than 12 meters;
- Due to the high equipment in the mechanical equipment industry, the floor height requirement is not less than 10 meters;
- For home appliances, furniture, hardware, electronic information, robots, biomedicine, and plastic products industries, the floor height requirement is no less than 8 meters;
- The floor height for other industries is generally 6 meters.
Steel Structure Factory Building has the following advantages:
The components of steel factory building are completed in the factory, which reduces the workload on site, shortens the construction period, and meets industrialization requirements, which saves resources and reduces unnecessary pollution.
- Steel structure factory building has high strength, large span, ample space, and excellent seismic and impact resistance.
- Steel structure factories are highly industrialized and can be quickly assembled on a standard assembly line.
- The steel factory building occupies a small area, and the use area is large. Compared with the traditional concrete structure building, the use area has increased by 4%-8%, indirectly increasing economic benefits.
- The steel factory structure has reliable production quality, accurate dimensions, easy installation, and good matching with parts.
The Advantage of Steel Structure over Concrete
- The weight of the steel structure is about 1/2 of that of reinforced concrete. It meets the needs of large open spaces. The use area is about 4% higher than that of reinforced real houses.
- The steel structure has excellent overall rigidity and strong elasticity, high fire resistance, corrosion resistance, and sealing performance.
- The steel structure can be recycled, and there is less environmental pollution during construction and demolition.
- Safe and reliable, good seismic performance, good wind resistance, strong carrying capacity, and seismic performance can reach eight levels. Strong earthquakes will not collapse, and it is its style that intermediate earthquakes are not destroyed.