China is a big country in steel production and a big country in the steel structure industry, with a steel…
The steel structure office building is a multi-layer steel structure building, improving the space utilization rate and obtaining a more extensive space usage area in a smaller construction site. The steel structure office building is light in weight and easy to transport. The components are prefabricated in the factory and then delivered to the site. The precision is high, and the quality is controllable. In addition, the steel structure office building has been industrialized, which can significantly promote the construction speed of the building, reduce the construction cost, have strong anti-corrosion ability, and simple maintenance in the later stage.
The Introduction of Office Building
The office building is a standard product in the context of urban modernization development. It focuses on the rational development and utilization of urban functional regional space, which is the fundamental expression of modern multi-functional defined space. The structure of office buildings requires new composite materials and stricter restrictions on construction technology. For example, the steel building office building as a representative of the new building type is a breakthrough in the innovative development of traditional brick and concrete buildings. The emergence of steel construction in high-rise office buildings has more specialized requirements for building structure design, floor height restrictions, and selection of construction components. Office buildings generally concentrated in the center of the city or prosperous locations, so the surrounding environment will also restrict the construction of office buildings.
The office building adopts a steel frame structure system, and the floors and roofs are all made of pressed steel bearing plates to cast concrete floor slabs.
The differences between the steel structure office building and concrete office:
- The steel frame structure is mainly made of steel and is one of the main types of building structures. It has the following characteristics: lightweight, high reliability of work, good anti-vibration and impact resistance, a high degree of industrialization, easy to make a sealed structure, natural corrosion, poor fire resistance ext.
- The reinforced concrete structure is a kind of structure constructed with steel bars and concrete. Reinforced steel bears tension, concrete bears pressure. It has the advantages of sturdiness, durability, excellent fire resistance, and lower cost than a steel structure. But it needs more workforce.
The advantage and disadvantage of Steel Structure:
Due to the excellent plasticity and toughness of the steel, it can have large deformation and can bear the dynamic load well. Secondly, the steel has good homogeneity and isotropy. It is an ideal elastomer and is most consistent with the underlying assumptions of general engineering mechanics. Therefore, the steel structure seismic performance is better than that of reinforced concrete structures.
The steel structure has a low self-weight and low stiffness, so when calculating the horizontal earthquake action, the seismic force is often smaller than the concrete structure, and its plasticity is strong. It can absorb a lot of energy during an earthquake, so the steel structure is better. Still, the steel structure is too soft, comfortable with producing massive horizontal displacement, and inadequate fire performance, these are inferior to concrete structures.
The advantages of steel structure office building:
Steel structured office building is more environmentally friendly than ordinary office buildings, and are more energy-efficient, energy-saving, and excellent emission-reducing. The components of the steel structure office building all carried out in the factory and then transported to the construction site for assembly. Therefore, such construction works not only save water and electricity, but also reduce energy consumption, and reduce the impact of engineering construction on the environment.
After the completion of the steel structure office building, there is a more excellent choice of wall materials today. If you choose thermal insulation wall materials, the steel office building will have a better environmental protection and energy saving can reduce the use of air conditioners, reduce emissions, and contribute to the global mitigation of global warming.
Large Internal Space
Steel structure office buildings save more land than ordinary office buildings. The wall of the steel structure office building is not as thick as that of reinforced concrete. So the internal use space of the steel structure office building after completion will be more than that of the ordinary office building, which improves the land utilization rate and increases the internal Theme event space.
Steel office building can better meet flexible separation of large openings than traditional buildings. It can improve the area utilization rate by reducing the cross-sectional area of columns and using lightweight wall panels. The effective use area inside the house is increased by about 6%.
Steel structure office building has a higher resource utilization rate than ordinary office buildings, which can effectively reduce the construction and reduce the generation of urban Waste. As we all know, the raw materials of ordinary cement concrete office buildings are mainly construction steel bars, sandstones, red bricks, and cement. Among these kinds of construction materials, except for the construction steel bars that are recyclable construction materials, the rest of them cannot repeatedly reuse, resulting in the excessively high Waste of resources.
The steel used for the steel frame structure can use by not only a 100% recycling system but also one of the sources of the national steel material reserve. As the scope of application of steel frame structures continues to increase, the advantages of steel structure construction projects will be more and more recognized by people. Not only office buildings can use a steel structure, but even residential houses, rain canopies, and other small and medium-sized buildings can also apply steel structure construction.
Steel structure systems used for office buildings can give full play to the excellent flexibility of steel structure, plastic deformation capacity, has excellent seismic and wind resistance performance, significantly improving the safety and reliability of residential. Especially in the case of an earthquake and typhoon disaster, the steel structure can avoid the collapse of the building damage.
The construction of steel structure office building
- The layout of the steel structure’s primary and secondary steel beams should combine with the attic construction, decoration, and installation design to avoid or reduce the secondary damage to the steel structure during the decoration and installation process.
- It is not recommended to use hollow steel such as square steel, tube steel, etc., because it is difficult to paint anti-rust paint inside the steel, the temperature changes in the north, and the rust of the steel condensed water will pollute the ceiling and wall, and seriously endanger safety.
- The force of the steel structure layout must be clear, and the force transmission route must be clear and concise. Because the steel structure itself has obvious force and vibration, strict analysis and calculation are required to control the structural deformation strictly and vibration frequency to ensure the visual beauty of the structure, eliminate the resonance of the structure and human activities, and avoid shear fatigue damage of the structure due to resonance. At the same time, it can guarantee comfort during use.
- For the purchase of profiles, we generally have various specifications to choose from. No matter which specification you choose, it is recommended to use “national standard” steel because its steel quality and specifications are better than “non-standard steel.” Non-standard steel has high hardness, brittle steel, poor ductility, and is not easy to cut or drill.
- Before fixing the channel steel, the side of the channel steel against the wall should paint with anti-rust paint, but the other parts should paint after the welding is completed. Otherwise, it will affect the welding work.
- When installing the steel structure, pay attention to that the I-beam and channel steel must be of the same specification, and “full welding” must be selected. The main keel should be whole steel, and intermediate welding is strictly prohibited.
- Don’t change the structure of the building privately. Whether it is expansion or demolition, it is necessary to communicate and plan with the original builder; otherwise, it is easy to cause unsafe construction.
Many objective factors affect the steel structure. For example, when building a steel structure office building, it is necessary to select the type of steel structure and make corresponding protective treatments according to the geographical environment and climate. Furthermore, in steel structure installation and production, every link and every detail are interlocking, so construction technicians should have enough patience to ensure the quality of each link.