China is a big country in steel production and a big country in the steel structure industry, with a steel…
Havit Steel designed and manufactured 17 units of steel structure warehouse buildings in Hawaii, USA. All design parameters are in accordance with design of American Metal Buildings standards. We provide a full set of design drawings, calculation report,and installation drawings.
General of Design of American Metal Buildings
- The design is for Malakole Warehouses, Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii
- Discrepancies. Metal Building Supplier shall verify all dimensions and conditions and shall report any discrepancies in writing to the owner before commencing work or ordering materials.
- All materials and quality shall conform to the requirements of the local building code in addition to the Codes cited.
- Details shown on the drawings shall be typical for all similar conditions.
- Modify details for particular requirements as directed by the owner.
- Metal Building Supplier to include in its bid or proposal, any costs to change the structural supports to accommodate actual equipment or item used.
- Roof Slope 1:12
(1)Live Load: Roof 20psf(Reducible Per IBC 1607.9)
The reduction cannot exceed 50 percent for elements that support loads of a single floor.
20 psf of roof live load may not reduce to less than 12 psf
(2)Additional Superimposed Dead Load
Mechanical/Electrical/Ceiling Hung System 5psf
Collateral Loads 5psf
Wind Load: Design Wind Speed 105mph, Exposure B, Enclosed Building, Importance Factor
I=1.0, Internal pressure coefficient= /- 0.18
Seismic Load: Ss=0.546g, S1=0.152g, Sds=0.496g, Sd1=0.222g, Importance Factor=1.0, Site
Classification: C, Seismic Design Category: C, Cs=0.15, R=3.25, Seismic force-resisting system:
Ordinary steel concentric braced frame
Building Code for Design of American Metal Buildings
Load Code for the Design of Building Structures (GB50009-2001)
Code for Seismic Design of Building (GB50011-2010)
Code for Design of Steel Structures (GB 50017-2003)
Technical Specification for Steel Structure of Light Building with Gabled Frames (CECS 102-2002)
Pre-engineered metal building and building cladding system for the above-referenced job per the plan and specification as follows:
Steel Column/Steel Beam: GB/T1591 – Q345B
Bracing/Purlin/Tie Beam/Steel Rod: GB/T700 – Q235B
Wall and Roof Panel
Roof Panel: Corrugated Steel Sheet YX25-205-820, 24Ga
Wall Panel: Corrugated Steel Sheet YX25-205-900, 24Ga
Translucent Panel: PVC Sheet YX25-205-900, 0.04” thick.
Trim, Gutter, and Flashing: Galvanized 0.02” thick.
Down Pipe: PVC
- All welding shall be following the provisions of the American Welding Society Code AWS-D101, latest edition.
- All welding shall be done by certified welders holding current and valid AWS certificates and having current experience in the type of weld called for.
- All welding shall be done by the shielded arc process using approved electrodes per AWS specifications E70xx (low hydrogen electrodes).
- All welds shall have a weld controlled sequence and technique in order to minimize shrinkage stresses and distortion.
- All electrodes filler materials shall be a minimum of E70xx.
- Welding of sheet metal shall be in accordance with the 2006 IBS section 2204.1
- Identify special procedures for field welding of structural steel elements which have been hot-dip galvanized after fabrication. Procedures shall ensure the quality of the weld by removal of zinc materials during welding procedures.
- All welding done after galvanization shall be protected with two coats of “galvalloy”, or approved equal